FirstBank Senior Auditor in Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition Number 18-1043
Post Date 9/7/2018
Title Headquarters Staff
Title Detail Senior Auditor
Description The Audit Department is responsible for ensuring the markets and centralized departments are in compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures. The Audit Department acts in both an assurance role as well as a consulting role. The Associate Analyst is a leader in the department and is able to work with some guidance and direction while assisting other newer auditors in their development in a collaborative manner to perform varied internal auditing assignments. In this role, the Associate Analyst would use critical thinking skills to complete assigned test work in an independent manner, with a minimal level of guidance and direction, will utilize available resources to independently research and will understand different levels of risk and risk mitigation tactics.
This position does not require formal supervisory responsibilities, but is considered to be a leader within the department.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of business (Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or IT related field).
o A combination of business relevant post-high school education, job related certification (such as CIA, CRCM, or CPA) and related experience equivalent to 6 years may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of two years of internal or external (public) auditing experience with knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes.
• Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and processes
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
An ideal candidate’s degree would be in the field of business, and the candidate would have experience in or knowledge of an applicable specialized area(s) such as banking regulatory compliance, risk and control matrices, the COSO framework, etc. which would enhance their ability to perform audit testwork and to act in an assurance or consulting role with a higher level of competence. Professional certifications, such as Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Account are desired, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Complex Problem Solving-Identification of complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Critical Thinking-Uses strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to solve problems.
• Active Learning-Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
• Active Listening-Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
• Reading and Writing Comprehension-Ability to effectively understand written documents and correspondence and to effectively communicate through writing.
• Service Oriented Social Skills-Actively looks to help others in the department as well as market and centralized department employees.
• Social Perceptiveness-The ability to gauge others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Has proficient computer skills which allow the Associate Analyst to work in Word, Excel and learn the eGRC system.
• Has the ability to work under strict time constraints.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
• Approximately 3-5 weeks of overnight travel to markets located more than 50 miles from the Holding Company
• Travel to markets throughout the year. Must have reliable transportation.
• Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
• Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, scanner, copy machine, and computer printer
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
• Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
• Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
• Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
• Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
Part Time No
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)