FirstBank Senior Analyst- Residential Appraisals in Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition Number 18-1052
Post Date 9/10/2018
Title Headquarters Staff
Title Detail Senior Analyst- Residential Appraisals
Description Put your appraisal background to work with a stable employer offering a competitive salary, a great benefits package and that was voted one of The Denver Post “Top Work Places” 7 years running. We are looking for an accomplished appraiser to join our Valuation services team. The Senior Residential Appraisal Analyst position is designed for Certified appraisers with significant residential valuation and/or review experience. The qualified candidate will possess strong residential appraisal knowledge and competency with large-dollar and complex properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete timely and efficient residential collateral valuation report reviews and secondary report reviews.
• Ensuring residential appraisal reports comply with bank policy, regulatory requirements and appraisal methodology.
• Act as a support for branch loan officers, loan support staff, and other loan operations staff for complex and non-complex residential real estate valuation related questions.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of the company’s residential collateral valuation report and review requirements, in relation to federal appraisal regulations, to ensure accurate collateral valuation report reviews.
• Complete residential collateral valuation reports as required.
• Clearly and professionally communicate with vendors, branch loan officers, loan support staff and other centralized staff to address questions and communicate expectations related to residential appraisal ordering and review requirements.
• Mentor and train new or inexperienced review team members, enhancing the overall performance and service the department provides the company and supporting a path for employees to obtain an appraisal license and/or higher license/certification status.
• Complete all assigned tasks while operating in a high paced environment, multi-tasking to manage ongoing workload and consistently meeting specified deadlines.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possess an active Certified Residential or Certified General License, issued through the State of Colorado and in good standing. An active license in good standing through another state may be considered if the applicant is willing and able to obtain a Colorado license.
• Five (5) years real estate appraisal report development and/or review experience, including at least three (3) years with a Certified license status. Time spent in a FirstBank internal appraisal training program can be applied toward this requirement.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Business, or Economics
• A combination of post-high school education, job related certification, and related experience equivalent to nine (9) years may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
Preferably, employees working in this position would have five to ten years of experience as a credentialed Appraiser, demonstrating competency in valuing higher-dollar and complex real estate transactions as well as report development based on consistent requirements as outlined by state licensing authorities.
Please note, appraisal review staff is not permitted to work for other valuation services companies, including working under their own employment, or conduct appraisal work or valuations outside of employment with FirstBank as this is considered a conflict of interest.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Senior Residential Appraisal Analysts are expected to have several years of experience completing and/or reviewing residential real estate appraisal reports, a thorough understanding of industry standards (USPAP) for appraisal report development and consistently demonstrate strong attention to detail. Senior Residential Appraisal Analysts are also expected to work independently and leverage their industry and bank policy knowledge to make independent decisions related to appraisal report reviews.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
• Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
• Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
• Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
• Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
• Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
• Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
Part Time No
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)