FirstBank Card Services Manager in Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition Number 18-0224
Post Date 2/22/2018
Title Headquarters Staff
Title Detail Card Services Manager
Description As a Denver Post Top Workplaces award winner six years in a row (2012-2017), FirstBank provides many great benefits for being a part of our family. From competitive salaries, an employer-contributed 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan, to annual holiday parties and more, you will be appreciated and feel at home at FirstBank.
The Card Services Manager is responsible for oversight of all operations within the Credit Card Services Department. This person helps develop plans and strategies aligned with business and company objectives. They work directly with stakeholders to identify, assess, mitigate risks associated with ATM/Debit and/or credit card processing to maximize the value card portfolios bring to the business. The Manager is responsible for extensive project work, thinking strategically, and implementing key company initiatives. They also provide guidance, coaching, career path development and training to direct reports to ensure the department supervisor(s) effectively manage day-to-day operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously by contributing subject matter expertise and influence development of standards and any changes to systems, applications, and processes needed to support those standards
• Prepare/review recurring product reports and financial analysis, including accruals, inventory control, product statistics and recurring reporting as required by Visa and MasterCard
• Effectively communicate with internal and external management and work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams to improve processes, reduce risks, and/or positively impact revenue growth
• Understand and oversee compliance with federal regulations, network operating rules, and internal requirements that apply to the business products and daily operations
• Perform ongoing analysis on department processes to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend/implement procedural changes to address any procedural inefficiencies/errors found
• Adapt quickly to a changing environment to effectively manage, anticipate and respond to shifting industry trends
• Monitor individual/team productivity to ensure service level agreements are met while maintaining a high level of customer service
• Provide employees candid and constructive performance feedback, provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth to develop succession planning
• Develop leadership skills in others by providing ongoing coaching and mentoring, sharing knowledge and reinforcing best practices
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
• Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy
• Positions which report to this position include the department: Card Supervisor(s), Card Representatives, Senior Representatives, and Specialists
Position includes FirstBank Headquarters employee benefits such as: FirstBank Fitness Center, Craft Café and Deli, Game Room, 4th Floor Rooftop Patio, RTD/Light Rail Eco Pass with free shuttle from Oak Street Station.
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisor or management experience at FirstBank or elsewhere
• Experience in banking, payments, debit cards, or credit cards
• Proficient knowledge of MS office, including Word and Excel
• Strong leadership and decision making skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• A minimum of 3-5 years of supervisor or management experience is preferred
• Ability to lead a team and oversee projects and processes
• Previous experience and strong knowledge in payment processing, card networks, and interchange
• Background in project management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong initiative and self-motivation to prioritize project work.
• Ability to think strategically to improve process.
• Knowledge in managing card portfolios and leveraging that knowledge to maximize card portfolio growth, revenue, and penetration
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective leadership experience
• Aptitude to leverage interpersonal skills to actively participate work in a team environment
• Organizational skills with the ability to analyze and prioritize card initiatives to maximize the performance of card portfolios
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
• Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
• Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
• Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
• Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
• Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
• Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
Part Time No
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)