FirstBank Web Applications Systems Administrator in Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition Number 17-0939
Post Date 9/11/2017
Title IT Professional
Title Detail Web Applications Systems Administrator
Description Are you interested in supporting critical Windows and Linux system and business applications? Do you have experience with web applications such as IIS, WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, and JBOSS?
We are seeking an individual who is enthusiastic about technology and possesses strong attention to detail to join our Core Infrastructure team. The growing IT staff works in a highly collaborative environment with a strong focus to continue to support FirstBank's commitment to our customers and employees.
The Web Applications Systems Administrator will be responsible for the support of critical Windows and Linux systems and business applications. This individual will participate in all aspects of the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of IT and business systems in a virtualized environment. They will analyze customer requirements to provide highly available, secure solutions designed to meet service level objectives. Participation in on-call rotations and some after-hours work will be required for system implementations, outages, and upgrades.
As a Denver Post Top Workplaces award winner six years in a row (2012-2017), FirstBank provides many great benefits for being a part of our family. From competitive salaries, employer-contributed retirement and health plans, some reduced fee banking services, paid time off, employer paid basic life insurance, short-term and long term disability policies, to holiday parties and more, you will be appreciated and made to feel at home at FirstBank.
FirstBank provides a high-paced work environment with different projects landing on your desk routinely. From building the back-end of new products, improving current products and designing internal systems, to managing our security systems, maintaining and improving infrastructure and much more, no week is the same. This is a challenging position that comes with great rewards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide implementation and Tier 3 support of Windows and Linux servers
• Manage projects involving existing and new technical solutions; responsibilities include planning, scheduling, and coordinating all aspects of the project
• Design and implement the systems and server infrastructure following procedures listed in the Infrastructure Policies and Procedures manual as well as the Information Protection Policy manual
• Communicate with management on the status of projects and make decisions necessary to keep projects on schedule
• Implement automated processes to improve operational efficiency
• Monitor the capacity and performance of the server infrastructure and make recommendations for improvements as necessary
• Perform problem investigation and resolution for system outages in coordination with other IT teams and Business departments
• Provide documentation and training on new deployments to other IT personnel; outline how each team will be affected related to on-going support of the system
• Maintain knowledge of current and developing technologies, recommend evaluation of technologies that would benefit the IT infrastructure
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
• Degree in Computer Sciences or other technical field with a minimum of three years in IT Systems Administration experience
• Non-degreed personnel must have a minimum of four years in IT Systems Administration experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical field
• Five years of experience administering web applications such as IIS, WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, and JBOSS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong organizational skills; experience managing large projects and balancing responsibilities of multiple projects while meeting agreed upon objectives
• Experience working with business groups to identify needs and design technical solutions
• Excellent technical problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service skills; experience required
• In-depth knowledge of LAN protocols and technologies, such as TCP/IP and Ethernet; ability to troubleshoot network services such as DNS, SFTP and HTTPS
• Strong working knowledge of software, such as enterprise versions of Windows and Linux operating systems; ability to troubleshoot core services such as authentication, application performance, automation, and 3rd party file transfers
• Experience designing highly availability solutions; implementing server clusters using various clustering technologies and server farms using load balancers
• Demonstrated proficiency in the automation of repetitive tasks; creates and implements scripts that allow IT teams to operate more efficiently
• Working knowledge of communication/data encryption technologies, multi-tier application deployments, and relational database systems
• Ability to configure different host Operating Systems in different networks on a single server using various virtualization technologies
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
• Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
• Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
• Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
• Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
• Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
• Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
Part Time No
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)