FirstBank Senior Lean Coach in Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition Number 17-1046
Post Date 9/14/2017
Title Headquarters Staff
Title Detail Senior Lean Coach
Description Are you an experienced Lean Coach looking for the opportunity to build, deliver and improve Agile and Lean practices throughout an organization?
Through the years, FirstBank has established ourselves as a progressive company, making important innovations in the way we bank. We are an environment where transparency, customer service, quality, and innovation are the focus. Now we are looking for a highly effective Lean Coach to assist with the implementation of a Continuous Improvement community across the environment.
The Lean Coach role is an exciting opportunity to influence all levels of the organization to drive increased agility. You will provide operational and consultative support to various stakeholders in order to improve performance through process optimization. As the Lean Coach, you will be responsible for identifying and refining processes to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and increase value to the organization. You are best suited for this role if you enjoy collaboration with various teams, facilitating decisions, implementing transformation and conducting follow up.
As a Denver Post Top Workplaces award winner six years in a row (2012-2017), FirstBank provides many great benefits for being a part of our family. From competitive salaries, employer-contributed retirement and health plans, some reduced fee banking services, paid time off, employer paid basic life insurance, short-term and long term disability policies, to holiday parties and more, you will be appreciated and made to feel at home at FirstBank.
FirstBank provides a high-paced work environment with different projects landing on your desk routinely. From building the back-end of new products, improving current products and designing internal systems, to managing our security systems, maintaining and improving infrastructure and much more, no week is the same. This is a challenging position that comes with great rewards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead problem solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions to ensure desired outcomes
• Establish metrics in order to assess Lean progression and success indicators
• Responsible for the leadership and development of training programs that educate management and staff about Lean concepts that lead to identification, development, and implementation of improvements to operations
• Engage and empower management and staff with Lean methods they can apply to enhance the value of service provided to our customers
• Help educate all levels of the organization on Agile and Lean practices and help to identify where best to use each
• Partner with the existing Agile Coach to drive change across technology and business areas
• Cultivate an environment encouraging problem solving, critical thinking, innovation and continuous improvement. Identify issues and provide recommendations to address roadblocks and areas of opportunity
• Collaborate with other teams/departments to drive transformation/continuous improvement opportunities across various teams
• Conduct follow up events in order to monitor and measure improvement implementations to insure timeliness, support, and achievement of expected benefits
• Use appropriate measurement, analysis, and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements
• Make recommendations for management to review on resource, software, or other needs for implementation of Continuous Improvement
• Perform other duties as directed by management
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A proven track record with demonstrated success of full working knowledge of Lean principles and facilitation
• A minimum 9 years of Continuous Improvement/Lean coaching or related experience using Lean frameworks
• Possess a deep understanding and/or hands-on experience with widely successful Lean techniques: Value Stream mapping, Continuous Flow, Kaizen, Jidoka, JIT, Gemba, KPI’s, etc.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
• Certification(s) in Agile methodologies (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, PMI ACP, SA, SPC, SASM)
• Working knowledge of various Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, BDD, etc.
• Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
• Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for Continuous Improvement
• Previous experience working hands-on with teams in an advisor role
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Ability to engage a cross-functional team towards a desired outcome
• Problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level
• Ability to organize and plan use of time and people effectively and efficiently
• Must be proficient in a variety of tools that enable effective team performance and organizational awareness
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
• Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
• Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
• Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
• Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
• Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
• Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
Part Time No
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)